The Zebra RFD8500 is a great RFID handheld / sled for data collection of UHF (RAIN RFID) tags. The device is typically connected via Bluetooth to a device running iOS, Android or Windows where the smart device serves as the display for the user and the Zebra RFD8500 assists with collecting RFID tags.
The Zebra RFD8500 is available with two primary configurations
– with ( RFD8500-5000100-US )
and without a 2D barcode imager ( RFD8500-1000100-US ). At the time of publication of this guide, along with the device, inside the box, you receive a battery for the device, accompanying lanyard, standard USB charging cable as well as product documentation.
There are quite a few accessories available for the Zebra RFD8500 that will allow you to expand the use of your RFID device.
Device Charging Cradles: There are various options available for charging cradles for the Zebra RFD8500 including:
- 1 Slot Charging Cradle ( CRD1S-RFD8500-1R )
- 3 Slot Charging Cradle ( CRDUNIV-RFD8500-1R )
- 4 Slot Charging Cradle ( CRD4S-RFD8500-1R )
When purchasing, be sure to select the appropriate power supply and cords for the charging cradle (available as options and included in the descriptions)
Additional Charging Accessories:
- Rugged Charging Cable: ( CBL-TC55-CHG1-01 )
- Cradle Mounting Bracket ( BRKT-SCRD-SMRK-01 )
Device Mounts: Device mounts allow you to attach a smart device to the top of your Zebra RFD8500.
- Standard Battery Replacement ( BTRY-TC55-44MA1-01 )
- Lightweight battery (thus shorter device battery) ( BTRY-TC55-29MA1-01 )
- Replacement Battery Door ( KT-STDDOOR-100 )
- Spare Lanyard (SG-8500-HSTRPH-01 )