The Impinj xArray is a fixed RFID reader, but it is not your standard fixed reader. The xArray is a part of the Impinj Gateway Portal Family. For more information on Impinj Gateway Portals, please see the blog post, “Selecting an Impinj Gateway Reader.”
The xArray reader is designed for wide-area monitoring in large facilities. It can cover an area of up to 1,500 square feet. Users of the xArray will be enabled with real time location of all their RAIN RFID tagged assets. The xArray is a highly sensitive fixed reader, with 52 dual-polarized antenna beams. The reader has three modes of operation:
- Wide Area Monitoring - real-time inventory monitoring of RFID tagged assets.
- Locationing - determining the location on an RFID tagged object using x,y coordinates.
- Tag Direction - tracking tags as they move throughout sectors in the facility.
Having this level of item intelligence and read sensitivity can be beneficial to a number of business use cases. Many businesses suffer from loss, shrinkage, and wasted time locating items. The xArray Gateway can solve all of these problems using RFID technology.
In addition to these features, the xArray, shown below, is easy to install and has a low-profile design, making it suitable for customer-facing environments.
Impinj R680 xArray RFID Gateway Reader
xArray is an ideal fixed RFID reader to be used in industries such as:
- Retail - The xArray can be unobtrusively installed into the ceiling grid of a retail store, for example, to provide real-time inventory management of the items leaving the store, which can be highly beneficial for loss prevention.
- Healthcare - With the use of xArray location detecting, healthcare workers can drastically cut down on the time it takes to locate the equipment they need to perform their job.
- Manufacturing - The xArray can be used in manufacturing to detect a tagged RFID item’s movement along a conveyor belt, recording data on the item’s life-cycle that can be highly useful.
- Large warehouses - With wide-area monitoring, the xArray can keep track of the items inside a large warehouse facility, providing 24hour real-time inventory.